Sat, Aug 05|
Söderåsen National Park
Local Discoveries 05/08/2023 - Söderåsen National Park
Time & Location
Aug 05, 9:15 AM – 4:15 PM
Söderåsen National Park, Skäralid 747, 264 53 Ljungbyhed, Sweden
Are you up for a new hiking experience, which is dominated by beech forests, is one of the largest uninterrupted expanses of protected deciduous forests in northern Europe?
It’s time to put on your hiking shoes and join us on a trip this Saturday, 05th of August 2023, to Söderåsen National Park.
Hike starts from Skäralid visitor center, we take the orange trail and go until Kopparhatten - View of the 90-metre-deep Skäralidsdalen valley. From there we switch to the blue trail and head on to Lierna - View of Korsskär, where three valleys meet. Bring your picnic we’ll have lunch at Liagården, we stick to the blue trail and reach to Skäralid visitor center where we started. We’ll have fika if time permits. This is a dense forest area, so children in strollers are not recommended. Total hike distance 8.5 KM difficulty level – MEDIUM.
Detailed Information about the date and time:
DATE: Saturday, August 05th, 2023
TIME: 09.15 - 16.30
LENGTH: 8 km / ~3H, difficulty level – MEDIUM
MEETING POINT: Lund Central Train Station (Near Pressbyrån, the one across ICA).
!!!ATTENTION PLEASE: REGISTRATION MANDATORY!!!
Our meeting point is Lund Central train station (Near Pressbyrån, the one across ICA) at 09:15 AM. We take the 09:45 train to stehag station, and 10:12 bus to Skäralid Nationalparken.
Return: 15:16 bus from Skäralid Nationalparken to stehag station, 15:52 train to LundC
1. We have planned our schedule for the event, so COME ON TIME!
2. You are responsible for buying your own transportation tickets.
3. Bring your own lunch, snacks and drinks.
4. Eos Cares and the organizers of this event are not responsible for any injury that can/may occur during the above specified date and time. Attendees are responsible for their own safety as well as their private belongings. You are solely responsible for your partition and discretion.
5. Children should only come if accompanied by their parents.
6. Check the weather in advance, bring a raincoat if you think it is necessary.
7. If you have registered and want to be added to the Local Discoveries WhatsApp group chat, send an email to email@example.com or contact the responsible persons (Sai Challa or Srini).
8. If you need to unregister, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration or contact the responsible persons (Sai Challa or Srini).
Come in your most comfortable outfits, and we hope to see you this weekend!!!