Sat, May 20|
Local Discoveries 20/5/2023 - Ven Island Bike Tour
Time & Location
May 20, 10:00 AM – 6:10 PM
Ven Island, Ven, Sweden
Have you noticed the beautiful yellow flower field on the way recently? It's that glorious time of the year when Ven Island is a canvas of blossoming rapeseed flowers, a sight to behold! Now picture this: you're cycling on one of the island's iconic yellow rental bikes, traversing quaint winding roads, with the sea breeze caressing your face. You'll encounter majestic cliffs that meet the sea, pristine white beaches, charming cottages, and cozy cafés. Intrigued? Eos Cares invites you to join us for an enchanting excursion to Ven Island this Saturday. It's time to make some unforgettable memories!
Detailed information about the date and time:
DATE: Saturday, May 20th 2023
MEETING POINT: Lund Central Train Station (near Pressbyrån)
Our gathering point is near Pressbyrån at Lund Centralstation at 10:00 am. From there, we'll catch the 10:22 am train heading to Landskrona Station.
Once we arrive at Landskrona Station, we'll switch to Bus No.1 at 10:51 am, heading towards Landskrona Skeppsbron, where we should reach by 11:02 am. Following that, we will embark on a ferry at 11:30 am from Landskrona Skeppsbron to Ven island. The one-way ferry ride costs 90 kr per adult and will have us on the island by noon.
Upon arrival, we'll rent yellow bikes for our island tour, which are available for 110 kr per person for the entire day. We'll be making several stops at various attractions or cafes for brief picnics or fika breaks.
Our day ends with us returning the bikes and catching the 16:45 ferry off the island. We anticipate being back in Lund by approximately 18:10.
1. We have planned our schedule for the event, so COME ON TIME!
2. You are responsible for buying your own transportation tickets. You need to book the ferry tickets from the website below: https://ventrafiken.se/en/ You will be able to rent the bike once we arrive on the island.
3. Bring your own snacks and drinks.
4. Eos Cares and the organizers of this event are not responsible for any injury that can/may occur during the above specified date and time. Attendees are responsible for their own safety as well as their private belongings. You are solely responsible for your partition and discretion.
5. Children should only come if accompanied by their parents.
6. Check the weather in advance, bring raincoats or umbrellas if you think it is necessary.
7. If you have registered and want to be added to the Local Discoveries WhatsApp group chat, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the responsible persons (Yixuan Sun, Taha and Sujatha).
8. If you need to unregister, mail to email@example.com to cancel your registration or contact the responsible persons (Yixuan Sun, Taha and Sujatha).
Come with your most comfortable outfits , and we hope to see you on Saturday.