In these days, Eos Cares mission of making people in Lund "meet, interact & develop" is obviously severely compromised. Accordingly, we are adapting our activities and re-organizing to create better ways of serving our community.
To begin with, we are putting our regular public activities on hold until further notice:
- Eos Language Café (the activity is transferred online)
- Prata Svenska (the activity has been moved outdoors)
- Parlez-Vous Francais
- Hemspråk arabiska
- Local Discoveries
- Playground Eoshallen
Also, the New in Skåne program is cancelling its current activities.
Note: These activities are not contradictory to current precaution messages from the authorities, the reason for the shut-down is that we are no longer able to expect our amazing volunteers and great participants to join the activities to an extent that is required to create meaningful sessions.
However, instead of treading water, we are currently making plans for more relevant ways of supporting our community:
- It is believed that many people, especially the corona risk groups, will be living an extended time in isolation and need help with practical errands like picking up medicine from the pharmacy, grocery shopping, receiving mail packages etc. Similarly to the situation the community faced during the fall of 2015 when Eos Cares was created, times like these are when sports clubs, NGO's and other associations can step up and make a difference way beyond what the authorities are capable of. Please stay tuned as more on this initiative will be communicated shortly.
- Due to the corona situation, we thought of more adapt ways for language practice:
Our Language Café has been transferred online, the same day and time, for seven Saturdays (4/4, 11/4, 18/4, 25/4, 2/5, 9/5, 16/5). Check here for more info on the digital meetings and the technical details on the platform/app we are using and here the Facebook event.
Similarly, since our Eoshallen activities have been put on hold, our “Prata Svenska” språkcafé has been moved outdoors (check the Facebook event here)! Until further notice, the activity will be held at Stadsparken Café, every Wednesday at 14:00. We will of course be keeping a safe physical distance between participants during the event, according to the instructions of the Public Health Agency (Folkhälsomyndigheten).
- Finally, spring is coming, and being outdoors is not only pleasant and inspiring, it also has great health promoting effects. We are well aware of this and will provide ways of encouraging people to enjoy this opportunity. Join the Local Discoveries facebook group to catch excursions as they are announced, and stay tuned for other initiatives being posted through the Eos Cares Facebook page.
Let's stay in touch, and in good spirits!